Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Twenty ten

They are text on a screen right now, just names. I've been in loose contact with a handful of others that will be starting from Florida and attempting the Southern Tier this season too. I'd like to meet up with them at some point. I'm thinking that if I leave Virginia around Feb 15th, then that will give me 15 days to crank out the 1000 miles to Tallahassee. I'm still planning everything like I will be solo though. Usually people have different ideas of what they want out of trips like these, and different financial constraints as well. It's likely that I will be the only one trying to camp every night. Hostels, even at only 20 bucks a night, get expensive really fast. It's always fun to see what motivates others to take on adventures. I'm looking forward to finding out. For now the snow is still falling and there is more on the way. I'm in no hurry.




Roots in the homeland.

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

Missed you Christmas Day. VA Bound last week o February.